Thursday, October 22, 2020

UFC News: Video emerges of Tony Ferguson getting tested for Coronavirus

More from author

Exclusive: Surbala ‘Warrior Princess’ Laishram: I want to become UFC Champion one day!

MMA India Show had the opportunity to chat with rising MMA star Surbala Laishram. One of the major success stories in Indian MMA is that...

Kamaru Usman believes he would sh*g Conor McGregor if they fought

The former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion Conor McGregor has been talking about fighting at least once or twice more before this year ends...

Wanderlei Silva claims he has agreed to fight Mike Tyson for $10 Million

The former legendary boxing world heavyweight champion Iron Mike Tyson even in his retirement is still one of the most feared and scary people...

Joe Rogan feels his $100 Million Spotify move seems too good to be true

Popular UFC colour commentator Joe Rogan who is also a major stand-up comedian and podcast host is taking his world-renowned The Joe Rogan Experience...
- Advertisement -

The UFC is taking complete precautions as the PPV’s headline star Tony Ferguson just got tested for Coronavirus!

There had been plenty of concerns by fans and pundits alike regarding whether the UFC will arrange for people testing of the fighters competing for COVID-19 or not. UFC President Dana White had promised fans that precautions will be taken and looks like he has kept his word.

Tony Ferguson will hunt for blood at UFC 249
Tony Ferguson will be looking to hunt for blood at UFC 249!

Noted combat sports journalist, Chamatkar Sandhu of BT Sports recently took to Twitter to share a video of El Cucuy Tony getting a nasal slab test before UFC 249 to test him for Coronavirus.

You can check out the video of Tony receiving the test down below. Though, let us warn you, the video is somewhat graphic.

 

UFC 249: Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje – Date, location and time

UFC 249 is set to take place on the 9th of May, 2020. The event will take place behind closed doors at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A at 10 p.m. ET.

 

Justin Gaethje would have refused a short notice fight against Khabib

Justin Gaethje told BT Sports that he would not have accepted a short notice fight against the Khabib, “I don’t think I would have taken the fight against Khabib on short notice.”

“In order to get taken down once or twice by Khabib, and work up, and still be able to fight, I really do need at least 10 weeks. You know I’ve been training my whole life but there’s certain lactic acid that builds up that you really have to account for. No matter what, this is not perfect circumstances, but a fight is a fight,” Gaethje told the English news outlet. When it was on 14-day notice, that was much different than now, or 20-day notice. Now I’ve had five weeks to train, it’s not what I’ve asked for, or wanted, but I do believe that before this I was in better shape. … I didn’t let myself go. I was telling myself since the beginning of the year, I was gonna fight again and it was gonna be a big fight.”

 

 

 

ALSO READ:

Watch the LIT UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje promo that just dropped!

 

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Related articles

- Advertisement -UFC News: Video emerges of Tony Ferguson getting tested for Coronavirus - Tony Ferguson