One of the most anticipated middleweight clashes between Israel Adesanya and Yoel Romero is set to take place this weekend. The fight will take place in the main event of UFC 248 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Yoel Romero is coming off of a close unanimous decision loss to Paulo Costa at UFC 241 last august. Prior to that, he lost to Robert Whittaker at UFC 225. His last two losses were extremely close and could have gone either way.
Israel Adesanya is a sizeable -275 favourite over Yoel Romero. But this doesn’t seem to bother the Cuban. While many fans have written him off because of his loses in the title fight, Romero said that in a fight anything is possible.
I was asked if the *gulp* was me sipping water
It was not.
— Phil Murphy (@Phil_Sports) March 6, 2020
“Muhammad had the best defense….in the heavyweight [division]
“The best moves…in the heavyweight [division]…But…shorter man…dirty boxing….he beat him one time.
“Everything is possible in your life…when you believe. When you believe, everything is possible.
“You have two hands… like me…everything is possible..GO….GO…And take it. Whatever you want to do,” Romero told Phil Murphy of ESPN.
Israel Adesanya is coming off of a second-round TKO win over Robert Whittaker at UFC 243 last October. Israel Adesanya has had an incredible 2019, where he defeated Anderson Silva at the beginning of the year.
UFC 248 fight card
- Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Yoel Romero — Middleweight championship
- Weili Zhang (c) vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk — Women’s strawweight championship
- Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose — Lightweights
- Li Jingliang vs. Neil Magny — Welterweights
- Alex Oliveira vs. Max Griffin — Welterweights
- Sean O’Malley vs. Jose Quinonez — Bantamweights
- Mark Madsen vs. Austin Hubbard — Lightweights
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Saparbek Safarov — Middleweights
- Deron Winn vs. Gerald Meerschaert — Middleweights
- Polyana Viana vs. Emily Whitmire — Women’s strawweights
- Jamall Emmers vs. Giga Chikadze — Featherweights
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Guido Cannetti — Bantamweights
Who do you guys think wins this fight? Will Israel Adesanya defend his title or will Yoel Romero become the new middleweight champion?