UFC on ESPN: Barboza vs. Chikadze Fight Card
READ MORE : UFC on ESPN 30: Barboza vs Chikadze Betting Odds And Prediction
UFC on ESPN 30 brings us a highly anticipated featherweight match-up between Edson Barboza and Giga Chikadze.
This fight will be a treat for striking fans as both of these fighters are extremely high-level strikers. Giga Chikadze will step inside the Octagon to maintain his undefeated run in the UFC.
Chikadze was last seen in action against Cub Swanson on May 1 at UFC on ESPN 23 where he knocked out Cub in the first round via TKO (Body Kick and Punches). Prior to that, Giga knocked out Jamey Simmons via TKO at UFC on ESPN 17. So far Giga Chikadze is 6-0 in the UFC with an overall record of 13-2. His first loss came in his MMA debut in 2015 where he was defeated by Gil Guardado via decision at WSOF 26. His second loss came against Austin Springer at Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series in 2018.
🇧🇷 Barboza v Chikadze 🇬🇪
— UFC on BT Sport (@btsportufc) August 27, 2021
On the other hand, Edson Barboza has looked phenomenal ever since dropping down in weight class. In his last fight, he took on Shane Burgos at UFC 262 and defeated him via KO in Round 3. Prior to that, he defeated Makwan Amirkhani via unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 179.
Significant Strikes Landed per Minute: 4.16
Significant Striking Accuracy: 44%
Significant Strikes Absorbed per Minute: 4.15
Significant Strike Defence (the % of opponents strikes that did not land): 59%
Average Takedowns Landed per 15 minutes: 0.42
Takedown Accuracy: 44%
Takedown Defense (the % of opponents TD attempts that did not land): 78%
Average Submissions Attempted per 15 minutes: 0.1
Significant Strikes Landed per Minute: 3.55
Significant Striking Accuracy: 44%
Significant Strikes Absorbed per Minute: 2.67
Significant Strikes Absorbed per Minute: 2.67 Accuracy: 33%
Takedown Defense (the % of opponents TD attempts that did not land): 68%
Average Submissions Attempted per 15 minutes: 0.0
The MMA India Show brings you another series of “The Prediction”, where, I, Jay Rock, analyze the upcoming fight cards and giving my predictions, analysis, betting tips.
For the last fight card, I didn’t have a great day as I went 8-4 on picks, bringing my overall record to 155-78
Check out my previous predictions here.
UFC ON ESPN 30: Barboza vs Chikadze PRELIMS:
- Bantamweight: Mana Martinez (1.33) vs Guido Canneti (3.30) – Mana Martinez wins.
- Middleweight: Sam Alvey (2.10) vs Wellington Turman (1.72) – Sam Alvey wins / The fight goes adobe 2.5 rounds (1.90)
- Women’s Flywweight; JJ Aldrich (1.25) vs Vanessa Demopoulos (4.00) – JJ Aldrich
- Featherweight: Jamal Emmers (1.66) vs Pat Sabatini (2.20) – Jamal Emmers wins.
- Light Heavyweight: Dustin Jacoby (1.53) vs Darren Stewart (2.50) – Dustin Jacoby wins.
- Middleweight: Alessio Di Chirico (1.44) vs Abdurazzak Al Hasan (3.00) – Alessio Di Chirico wins.
UFC ON ESPN 30: Barboza vs Chikadze MAIN CARD:
- Middleweight: Makhmud Muradov (1.14) vs Gerald Meerschaert (5.50) – Makhmud Muradov wins.
- Middleweight: Andre Petroksi (1.18) vs Michael Gillmore (5.00)- Andre Petroksi
- Welterweight: Kevin Lee (1.66) vs Daniel Rordiguez (2.20) – Daniel Rodriguez wins
- Bantamweigtht: Ricky Turcious (1.61) vs Brady Hiestad (2.30) – Ricky Turcious wins.
- Middleweight: Bryan Battle (1.57) vs Gilbert Urbina (2.40) – Brian Battle wins.
- Featherweight: Edson Barboza (1.83) vs Giga Chikadze (1.95) – Edson Barboza wins or the fight goes above 2.5 rounds (1.50)