In the main event of UFC Vegas 55, Ketlen Vieira scored a split decision win over the former UFC bantamweight champion Holly Holm. Most of the minutes of the fight took place in the clinch, with Holm holding Vieira against the cage for several minutes. In open space, there were some strikes landing, but nothing that was really doing much damage.
The fight was an extremely close one and could have gone either way. This was Holly Holm’s first fight in nearly two years as she was coming off of an injury.
“I came here to knock her down, she came to stall, and I was in doubt,” Vieira said. “I respect her a lot but I’m the one with the glory of God here.”
On the other hand, during the post-fight interview, Holly Holm said that she felt she should have been awarded the decision.
“I thought I won the fight,” Holm said. “I gave her round two and I felt I won all the rest of the rounds. I really felt like I won the fight. I didn’t feel it was a question. I wanted obviously to be more active from the clinch. I was still able to control her in those areas.
“I feel like I won the fight so I kind of have to figure out what’s going to happen now.”
UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs Vieira Full Results
- Ketlen Vieira def. Holly Holm via split decision (47-48, 48-47, 48-47)
- Michel Pereira def. Santiago Ponzinibbio via split decision (29-28, 30-27, 28-29)
- Chidi Njokuani def. Dusko Todorovic via KO (elbow) – Round 1, 4:48
- Tabatha Ricci def. Polyana Viana via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jun Yong Park def. Eryk Anders via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).
- Joseph Holmes def. Alen Amedovski via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:04
- Jailton Almeida def. Parker Porter via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:35
- Uros Medic def. Omar Morales via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:05
- Jonathan Martinez def. Vince Morales via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)
- Chase Hooper def. Felipe Colares via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 3:00
- Sam Hughes def. Elise Reed via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:52