The rumours about Floyd Mayweather’s entry into the cage are flowing in from all the directions. Even though we are yet to get an official announcement on the same, many fighters have come out with their opinions on the issue.
The latest to do so is Vitor Belfort. One of the pioneers of the sport, Belfort noted that even kids will be able to defeat Mayweather in MMA.
“I think he doesn’t have a chance even against the young kids, 15, 14-year-olds. I don’t think he has a chance, no. He has a lot to learn on the ground, kicks. I think it’s an illusion (to say) that happens, unless it’s different rules or a fight in his world. With his arms, on his weight, he’s a phenom. Now, involving legs and other things, no chance.” Belfort noted. (Quotes via MMA Fighting)
The Brazilian also went on to talk about his future as it is still up in the air. His current deal with the UFC ends with his next fight which is scheduled to take place against Lyoto Machida on May 12. Belfort previously said that he would be considering retirement if the perfect offer does not poke up.
When quizzed about the same, he seemed hopeful of finding a good deal.
“There are many (promotions). We have the Russian billionaires, millions of places. The UFC itself. The UFC has a lot of money, they only need to do cards that sell. A fight between me and Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, bring Randy Couture back. How wouldn’t that sell, the league of legends?” he added.
Belfort is currently coming off a win against Nate Marquardt which is secured back in January 2017 at UFC 212. He holds a professional record of 26-13 to his name while Lyoto Machida heads into the fight with a record of 23-8 and enjoyed a win in his last fight as well when he edged out Eryk Anders.
WWE: John Cena says Conor McGregor will ‘put him out of work’