2017 has been declared as the year of some unforgettable moments in the combat world(by me. Here’s a look at some of those highlight moments.
1. After beating Travis Brown, Derrick Lewis took the mic & said, ‘where’s Ronda’s fine a** at’..?
2. UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes suffered an accident but he came back from coma.
3. Rose Namajunas shook the world at UFC 217 & captured the Strawweight belt from Joanna Jedrezejzyk.
4. Arjan Singh Bhullar, the first Indian origin fighter signed with UFC & he won his first fight against Luis Henriques.
5. Bharat Khandare made his UFC debut in China as a first Indian fighter.
6. Big John MacCarthy assaulted in Los Angeles and Big John beats the crap out of them.
7. George Saint Pierre came back from retirement & won the Middleweight gold against Michael Bisping.
8. Anderson Silva failed a USADA out-of-competition drug test(again).
9. Jon Jones became the first man to ever finish Daniel Cornier but he get caught with steroids in his post fight sample and the result was overturned by officials.
10. The biggest news was when the UFC announced that Conor McGregor will face Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. It was the biggest surprise in combat history.
11. Dana White released the McGregor vs Paulie Malignaggi sparring footage & Paulie did appear to get dropped in that footage and later Paulie released his own footage where it seemed to show a helping hand from Conor in pushing him down.
12. The first staredown! Conor McGregor clowned around with Mayweather, controlled the crowd.
13. Gokhan Saki made his UFC debut with a blistering left hook knock out.
14. Finally Cris Cyborg got her UFC featherweight belt.
2018 will be huge and many more stories will hopefully be waiting for the fight fans in India.