Irish MMA superstar Conor McGregor last fought against Khabib Nurmagomedov at the T-Mobile Arena on October 6 in Las Vegas last year. He lost the fight via submission in round four.
Ever since then, the Irishmen has retired, but then revealed that he plans on fighting again. So far it’s not clear as to what McGregor is planning next. Even his longtime coach John Kavanagh from SBG Ireland has no idea as to when McGregor will return to the Octagon. Although he made it clear that he will continue to be in his corner for his upcoming fights.
“I don’t think [me cornering Conor is in doubt]. I’m sure I’ll be there, we talk almost daily,” Kavanagh said at a media day ahead of Bellator London.
“He doesn’t have a fight lined up yet obviously but as soon as he does we’ll get the old gang back together and start plotting, training and I’m sure he’ll steal the show again. There’s no doubt he’ll do that.”
Although there were talks about Conor returning against Donald Cerrone, that fight never came into fruition. Cerrone is scheduled to fight former UFC interim lightweight champion, Tony Ferguson. But so far Kavanagh is unsure of his return.
“I have to be honest and say that I don’t know,” Kavanagh said.
“That’s a question for Conor, he’s got a lot of other stuff going on so I’ll just be honest and say I don’t know,” he concluded.