The sport of Mixed Martial Arts has been growing quickly in popularity all over the world. Even in India, the sport’s fame has risen drastically. While India has been witnessing men’s Fight Nights for a while, the concept of women-only cards has only recently just begun. Yesterday, X1 International Women’s Fight Night 2 took place at the High Spirits Cafe in Pune. It is surely safe to say that the event was a massive hit and extremely entertaining.
In the main event of the Fight Night, Team Relentless’ Akshata Khadtare dominated her opponent Suman Pal from the start to finish. She took her opponent down and then submitted her via an armbar. With this victory, Khadtare improved her professional MMA record to 4-1 and she still remains unbeaten at home soil.
Apart from Akshata, other female fighters such as Surbala Laishram, Monika Ghag, Samata Somawane, etc also registered impressive victories.
You can check out the complete results from the Fight Night down below:
- Akshata Khadtare def. Suman Pal via first round submission (Arm-bar)
- Surbala Laishram def. Reshma Sakpal via first-round TKO (Doctor’s stoppage)
- Monika Ghag def. Tejaswini Nandedkar via Decision
- Samata Somawane def. Priya Singh via Decision
- Mayuri Taralkar def. Somi Devi via Decision
- Harpeet Kaur def. Sanika Patil via first round submission (Rear-naked choke)
- Sneha Sawant def. Dhanavath Kavyanjali via first-round submission (Rear-naked choke)