The UFC has officially announced that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will fight Dominick Reyes at UFC 247 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
The news was first reported by Brett Okamoto of ESPN.
Jon Jones last stepped inside the Octagon back in July at UFC 238 where he defeated Thiago Santos in a close fight.
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) November 22, 2019
On the other hand, the 29-year old Dominick Reyes is currently 12-0 inside the Octagon and is coming off of a KO win over former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman. He has also defeated the likes of Volkan Oezdemir and Jared Cannonier inside the Octagon.
Here’s how the undercard looks so far:
- Champ Jon Jones vs. Dominick Reyes – for the light heavyweight title
- Champ Valentina Shevchenko vs. Katlyn Chookagian – for women’s flyweight title
- Derrick Lewis vs. Ilir Latifi
- Mirsad Bektic vs. Dan Ige
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Ryan Spann
- Andrea Lee vs. Lauren Murphy
- Juan Adams vs. Justin Tafa